Aloha GTCC Members! Join us as we transform the GTCC pool into a tropical oasis for our family-fun Luau Party! Feast on island fare, play games, and most importantly, enjoy time with family and friends. Grass skirts optional, but they pair perfectly with your complimentary Hawaiian lei. The evening will conclude with S’mores and music by the bonfire.
The party will feature a Cardboard Boat Race so assemble your crew and start building your custom vessel. Advanced registration required – $7.00 entry fee per boat. More details below.
Attendance is free for members. Member guests can participate, but standard entry with guest pass to the pool area is required.
Food will be available for purchase on the day of the party, but please RSVP so our volunteers can plan accordingly!
Please RSVP early so GTCC volunteers can plan accordingly—especially for food quantities including any guests in attendance.
Advanced registration is required for entry to the Cardboard Boat Race – $7.00 per boat – details below.
SERVING ISLAND FARE
Tropical favorites brought to GTCC by Lucky’s Market
- Slow roasted luau pork with a sweet and savory Hawaiian BBQ sauce, served in a bowl of vegetable fried rice with grilled pineapple.
- Pulled chicken slathered in a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, served in a bowl of vegetable fried rice and topped with chopped green scallion.
- Traditional fried rice, wok cooked with peas, carrots, onion and broccoli with soy sauce.
Large Bowl: 6 oz of meat over 6 oz of fried rice: $9.00
Kid’s Bowl: 3 oz of meat over 4 oz of fried rice: $6.00
Veg Bowl: 8 oz of fried rice: $5.00
Extra goodies available for purchase:
- Blank Slate Creamery ice cream and sorbet: $3.00 per serving
- S’mores kits: $1.00
- Usual Snack Shack sundries
Cardboard Boat Race
$7.00 per entry – advanced registration required
2 Prizes – Valued @ over $100 each
Overall Race Winner + Best Decorated Boat
see attached rules for prize details
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
Additional games and prize giveaways include
- Steal the Lei, Pinata, and Limbo contents
- Search the pirate ship for buried treasures (for the little kids)
- Tropical themed photo studio with props
- Social media contest – share your event pics on social media for your chance to win prizes
- Bonfire and S’mores roasting
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
4:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Welcome and Check-in
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Food Served
6:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Games and Bonfire
RAIN DATE: Sunday, August 18
Special thanks to our sponsors for helping make this event possible
Airtime Trampoline and Game Park
Revel and Roll
GTCC event organizers need volunteers to help the day of the event for:
- Event setup
- Registration and check-in
- Boat race judges
- Food service support
- Bonfire Master
- Ukulele player (for reals, for live, interactive bonfire music)
- Cleanup crew
If interested, please contact Amanda Shutko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any further questions, please contact Amanda Shutko at email@example.com.